Friday, March 12, 2010

I've been meaning to write more but days are kind of meshing together and before I know it, another week has passed.

Evan is officially 7 months old. Time is passing much more quickly than it did when Lane was an infant. Evan sleeps pretty much through the night now. I put him in his swing at around 8pm when Lane goes to bed. He'll sleep there until Ryan gets home from work, usually around 11pm or midnight. That's when I head to bed and Ryan will change and feed him and put him in his bed for the rest of the night. His bed is right next to my side of the bed so if he stirs in the night, I just have to reach my hand over and touch him. He grabs my hand and falls right back to sleep. It's the sweetest feeling in the world to have such a tiny little hand hold onto yours. He grabs my fingers and holds my hand up against his face. I love it. He'll usually wake around 6am and I take him into the bed with me and he falls right back asleep laying on my chest. As much as I hate mornings, I look forward to that time. We both fall back asleep until around 8 when Lane wakes the whole house up.

Lane is amazing. He's such a smart little guy. He can count to 20, knows all his colors, shapes and letters. He's a very complimentary kid too. Every morning when I get him out of his bed he says, "Mom, I love your shirt (or pj's, or glasses, or hair, etc.)." He always finds some way to compliment me. Yesterday as I was getting dressed he told me he loved my underwear. What a sweet boy! He's very loving to Evan too. He'll bring him toys and sing to him when he's upset. And Evan is totally captivated by Lane.

Check out these comparison pictures. You can definitely tell these guys are brothers.

Lane at 6 months:







Evan at 6 months:




3 comments:

The Hunt Family said...

oh goodness....that hair! I love him. Those comparison pics look like the same kid

chickens and hens said...

i love that! i love his red hair! post more pics...i would love to hear more 3 year old stories! i love 3 year olds!

Lori said...

They look like twins! It's adorable! So jealous at Evan sleeping through the night though!!